Eleanore Rewerts – 7/10/17 Blog – Indivisible Colusa Meeting
Dean & I attended the Indivisible Colusa Meeting tonight. It was attended by over a dozen people, with Isabel from Indivisible Yolo doing a Social Media training.
Indivisible Colusa has been very busy with their small group. Activities since the beginning of June included:
- Calls to members of Congress re: Senate’s ACA repeal and other concerns
- Unity Rally in Roseville
- Indivisible Yuba-Sutter Meeting/Mixer
- Tabling at Arbuckle and Colusa farmers’ markets
- Pink the Night Out – ACA/Planned Parenthood rally in Sac
- Visit to Senator Harris office in Sac
- Meeting with Mariana Rivera re Know Your Rights training
- Impeachment March in Yuba City
Upcoming events of interest to Indivisible Yuba-Sutter include:
- Know Your Rights – Train the Trainer workshop, Mon, July 17, 6-8pm, 681 W. Capital Ave, Sac
- Indivisible Colusa September meeting, Mon, Sept 11, 6:30 – Special guest: Chloe Stryker, national Indivisible Organizer for Northern CA
- Garamendi Round Table Town Hall, Sat. Aug 19, 1:30pm, Winters (see Facebook for event page)
- Possible Garamendi Town Hall in Davis, July 21st (see Facebook for event page)
Indivisible Colusa would very much like to have another mixer with us, possibly also with Indivisible Yolo. Rocco’s on the River in Colusa has been suggested as a location, easy for all of us to get to.
As a member of the CADEM E-Board, I would like all our Indivisible members (all 3 groups) to let me know if there is anything they would like to see changed, improved, etc. in the CADEM Party – any concerns you have. Please contact me directly at emrewerts at Gmail with your thoughts. The next E-Board meeting is August 25-27, so there’s time to think about it.
The Social Media training encompassed Facebook, Twitter and a new application, Amplify. Indivisible Yolo is a Beta Site for the application and we were given a short training on how to use it. Because we all have the same U.S. Representative & Senators, we can piggyback on IY’s site http://indivisibleyolo.org/.
If the group is interested, we can give an overview at our next meeting, or perhaps even ask Isabel to come to our meeting to train us directly. I’ll bring it up at the Leadership meeting on the 19th, which you are all invited to attend. Another notice will be sent out before that meeting.